Do you want to hire a motorhome but don’t know the difference between a motorhome and campervan?
At Easyhire Motorhomes, we know that some people use the words motorhome and campervan interchangeably, but they are not quite the same thing.
Whilst both are recreational vehicles designed for travelling and camping, here are the motorhome and campervan differences:
- Space and size – if you want to hire a motorhome, you will find that they are larger and more spacious than campervans.
- Features – motorhomes are big enough to have a separate bedroom, kitchen and bathroom as well as entertainment systems. Campervans have basic amenities, such as a bed or seating area that can be converted into a bed, and some may have a small kitchenette with a portable stove and sink.
- Accommodation – motorhomes can accommodate more people as they are larger in size. Campervans are more suitable for solo travellers, couple and small groups as they have limited space for eating and sleeping.
- Driving and Manoeuvrability Differences – when you hire a motorhome, you will find that they are more comfortable to drive, but they are bigger and more challenging to manoeuvre in tight spaces. Campervans are easier to drive due to being smaller.
- Cost – motorhomes are usually more expensive to purchase and maintain as they offer more features and space.
Hire a Motorhome or Hire a campervan: which is better? Ultimately, the choice between a motorhome and a campervan depends on your personal preferences, travel needs, and budget. Consider factors such as the number of travellers, desired amenities, travel destinations and your comfort level with driving larger vehicles before deciding.
If you value space, comfort and luxury amenities and are travelling with a larger group, a motorhome might be the better option.
At Easyhire Motorhomes, we specialise in Motorhome Hire. Check out our website for more information on the motorhomes we have available.